Monday, October 1, 2012

Paella


Like almost every sunday we decided to do a walk, only this time it was to the city center. We live in an outside neighborhood about 4 km. from the city center of Haarlem. So we went walking to the center, we did some shopping, since a few months almost all shops are open every sunday, very handy actually. After that we had a cup of coffee and then back home. Around 10 km total …
Well I can tell you after that exercise we were quite hungry ;-) . And there is no better than a good Paella to get your energy back. When I made paella I made a lot, that way I can keep in the refrigerator to eat another day, specially for busy days when you don’t have much time to cook.
The ingredients, the most famous paella is of course with fish, but since at home we are not really very fun of fish, I made with meat, you could also make a vegetarian version. Our paella has chicken and pork sausage, then you need tomatoes, garlic, green pepper, red pepper, green peas and as spices saffron, ground sweet paprika, salt and water. There are some recipes that are prepare with bouillon, I prefer to use water because my spices and the meat will give already all the taste that is needed. And of course you also need rice, here in The Netherlands I use risotto because it is easier to find, also we like a bit more than the paella rice, is softer and creamier.

No comments:

Post a Comment